Thursday, May 15, 2008

Teak and Holly Flooring....How do you

Now that I am into the polishing and cleaning of the interior of RYEN`S QUEST, I don`t know how I should properly clean the floor, which is teak and holly. There are some scratches in obvious areas such as the main salon, and another spot which I know needs to be sanded down and varnished. However, I don`t know how to, or what to use for cleaning the floors without making then too slippery to maneuvre around. Can any of the other blog members tell me what has worked for them? When I do a google search all I get is marketing outlets wanting to sell product. I`ll buy whatever works. Thanks in advance for your response. Jean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al & Jean. First let me congratulate you on finally getting your dream. Really exiting time I know. My floor was already done when we bought it. We do have a friend that did his teak & holly floor with some glossy stuff but he said when it got wet it was like walking on ice. After he fell once it came off and what he used is what they put on basketball court floors. I'll try and find out what exactly it was and who makes it but it looks beautiful and is not slick when wet. He's cruising right now but I'll try and contact him. Not much help I know but it’s all I got. Congratulations again. Cheers, John & Ruth, s/v Eleanor Rigby

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you John! Don`t worry yourself about your fellow friend, I can find out what they use on basketball course here...what a great idea!! And a super shine to boot!! Awesome. Jean

s/v Island Siren said...

I am a little late responding but that is the life living full time on the boat in the islands. I highly recomend ultimate Sole. We used it on Island Siren and it is great. Does not get slippery when wet and is easy to use. Just follow the directions that come with it.
http://www.ultimatesole.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=6

Hope this helps
Ron S/V Island Siren