Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hello everyone


Hi, this is Guy from Bay St. Louis, MS. I've own Trinity, a 1980 Vagabond 47 for two years. I bought her 7 months after the storm (Katrina) ended my 2 1/2 year stint building the original Trinity. A 48 foot wood motorsailer. My current Trinity was pretty much neglected by her former owner. Water up to the floor boards, teak deck deteriorated, sails in bad shape, standing rigging original. Running rigging was in bad shape as well as the canvas work. Both fuel tanks leaked. You get the picture. So I started addressing the problems as best I could. Its taken a long time since she is in TX (Kemah) and I work in MS. So I would drive over to see/work on her every other weekend. I did this for two years now. And you know what, I'm really starting to dislike the drive, imagine that! :) But I've hook up with a lot of great people who have worked on her and she is pretty spectacular now. So in about 3 to 4 week I should be bringing her to MS. I'll stay in a marina in Moss Point since there really aren't any marinas along the MS Gulf coast that I can stay at due to being a live aboard, draft and just plain availability. So anyway this is a short into and I look forward to talking to the group and learning more about these really cool vessels. The picture of her is while she was in the yard after being painted, before pulling the masts and new canvas.

2 comments:

Al and Jean s/v Ryen`s Quest said...

She is really beautiful Guy! Got any interior photos?

Guy Norton said...

Hi Al and Jean,
I do but I'm not sure what is the best way to show them. Do I make a new post and up load the photos? This is all kind of new to me. So I'm on a learning curve. Man I just can't wait to start living aboard. The last really major item is to replace the forward compression post step. The more I knocked off the rust the less I had left! You can see through the step! A little discerning! Well let me know the best way to post interior photos ok. Take care and have a great evening,

Guy